The power of leading with your Heart!
Last Monday I took a step into uncharted territory and lead with my heart. The heart that has guided me through my entire life, the one that has connected me with my love of 20 years, the heart that has trusted in a lifestyle made from the art created by her and now by me. This heart that raised two amazing children and now is Hunny (Grandmother) to two amazing boys know as the Little Lockwood Brothers.
I had an amazing and supportive response to my news of donating 100% of the proceeds of the sale of my first Heart Strong pendant to the Children’s Heart Foundation. My heart was full of love and gratitude and continues to be as the inquires and questions pour into my FB feed and email! Thanks to all those who shared and showed the love I reached over 3,499 people on my Circle Stone Designs FB page post!! That’s results from the heart!!
So I guess it’s time to clean up the details and make my heart a bit stronger. I am so grateful in knowing that my intention was received and appreciated in the most amazing way!
First and foremost I am doing this fund raising to donate to research for children’s Congenital Heart Defect (CHD), in honor of my Grandson Finn. He is approaching his 2nd birthday in March and is a strong and vibrant toddler! He was born with Ebstein’s Anomaly and will be facing a heart valve repair at some point in his life. Truth….the longer he can go without surgery the stronger he will become. So it’s a waiting game for him and the family. For now, he is perfect in every way!! Testing his boundaries and keeping up with his older brother Holden.
Details of the Heart Strong Pendants:
I had intended to only release a 1 unique pendant each Monday in order to raise 100% of the proceeds going directly to the Children’s Heart Foundation, but the inquiries and responses were such that NO was not in my heart!! So moving forward with great excitement here are the details.
- Each of 4 new designs released in February will have a numbered edition of 10 that will have 100% of the proceeds paid with a check to the Children’s Heart Foundation. Making your purchase 100% tax deductible.
- Checks for each necklace will be made out the Children’s Heart Foundation directly. I will collect them and send you the necklace that you have committed to purchase. Shipping charges of $10.00 if necessary will be paid to Circle Stone Designs in the form of an additional check.
- Once you notify me of your commitment and choice your hand crafted pendant will be shipped to you after I receive your checks.
- The first week in March I will send all of the donation checks along to CHF in honor of Finn Sawyer Lockwood’s name.
- Each pendant is hand made by me in my studio, so there might be slight variations due to my hand forging techniques. I attempt to make them as similar as possible without compromising my process. Satisfaction is guaranteed!
- I will only be offering one necklace option unique for each pendant design. If you prefer a different length then offered I am happy to make a substitution.
With great excitement I present to you Heart Strong Necklace #2 created from thick brass and soldered sterling silver bail ring. This pendant is 2 1/8″ long and hangs from a 30″ stainless steel ball chain. Strong and rugged this pendant is hand forged with my signature pattern and left untreated the brass will oxidize naturally over time. It can be kept shiny by a polishing cloth or a scrub with a toothbrush with baking soda and water. Once again there are slight variations in every pendant, but I strive for a continuity even while I hand work each of my designs. $100 is the price of the necklace with the edition of all 10 being donated 100% that means $1,000 to CHF for CHD research!!!
As I continue my journey of giving back with my heart and Heart Strength creations this month, I am reminded of how important love, family & friends are. I have come to understand that immense feeling of gratitute once again for this Little Lockwood Family. Take a moment to reach out to those who need support. Sometimes its just a hug, a note or any small commitment to help someone can go a long way.
Thank you again for making this amazing journey of creativity and giving back with my heart’s strength possible!